I did this video for agents that work in marketplaces where there aren’t a lot of buyers walking through the front door. The typical answer is to wait or get a price reduction and wait again hoping it will make a difference. If it doesn’t get a result we go again and ask for another price reduction, however this time we’re nervous because we haven’t had any viewings and it now appears the only solution we have to finding a buyer is reducing the price. While it makes perfect logical sense we need to understand that there is an emotional element to selling real estate and that’s with our sellers who want to believe that together we’ve done everything they can to attract interest and secure a good buyer that will love their home as much as they have over their ownership tenure. The good news is it’s not as difficult as one thinks to establish your credibility, gain seller confidence and ultimately position the property for a successful result.The success you’ll pass onto your sellers by using the internet website portals to their advantage is a skillset that needs to be taught with importance in every real estate brand throughout Australasia and beyond. Here it is in a nutshell …
- Always set the search price to attract the buyers in the price range the sellers want
- If you have substantial ONLINE VIEWS yet no conversions to physical inspections, request an adjustment to the SEARCH PRICE
- When any adjustment takes place you need a result, whether an email enquiry, phone call or physical inspection.
- Congratulations you have received an enquiry. Success! Great for the seller and evidence that at the adjusted price the buyers respond
- No OFFERS … That’s an issue. You guessed it ADJUST again.
- Congratulations! Physical inspections at your opens and evidence that at the level set. It’s achieving results.
- Congratulations! You receive an offer or two because you’ve discovered the range where suited buyers will respond.
Some people ask why don’t you just reduce the price. Fair point and by all means do it. However a process that allows you to walk with your seller and demonstrate you’re not trying to ATTACK the only safeguard and form of protection they have namely THEIR price, earns you the right to ask some direct questions and make some solid suggestions at the decision point of their campaign. Keep beating them over the head without showing them an intelligent approach to securing buyers for their home and you may find you receive a GOOGLE REVIEW that you can’t get rid of. Happy Selling!